Watson’s profession night time propels Texans previous Dolphins
Houston had few concerns Thursday night time, as the Texans (5-Three) prolonged their lead within the AFC South and their 5-sport a hit shuffle with a forty two-23 secure over the visiting Miami Dolphins (Four-Four) to kick off Week 8. That is what we realized:
1. Final we saw the Texans on top-time tv, they barely skated by the middling Dallas Cowboys and played gun-afraid at the purpose line, on the total unable to profit from their scoring opportunities. That used to be now no longer at the total case on Thursday night time. Paced by a sparkling night time from Deshaun Watson, Houston smashed the visiting Dolphins with a 28-point 2nd half of. Watson threw more touchdowns (5) than incompletions (Four), the first time the Texans signal-caller has thrown 5 TDs in a victory. DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller roamed free in Miami’s secondary within the 2nd half of, combining for 206 receiving yards and three scores sooner than Fuller exited with a knee hurt. Even Lamar Miller — in a revenge sport no less — ran by a crumbling Dolphins front seven for 133 yards, his 2nd-consecutive A hundred-yard sport.
These stats are all correctly and factual, but the top possible amount from Thursday night time: Zero. Zero sacks of Watson, who came into Thursday with bruised lungs and since the most continuously sacked quarterback within the league. Or now no longer it’s all coming collectively for Houston, who be pleased received 5 in a row for the first time since 2012 and now lead the AFC South by two video games within the secure column.
2. Speaking of revenge video games… Brock Osweiler’s return to Houston wasn’t rather a catastrophe; in spite of the entirety, it wasn’t paying homage to his worst moments as a Texan from that unforgettable 2016 season. However the Dolphins quarterback, in his 1/Three sport fairly than Ryan Tannehill, didn’t attain sufficient to possess up Miami within the sport one day of Houston’s 2nd-half of onslaught, overthrowing receivers and main too many enviornment purpose drives. Osweiler’s fifty six.8 completion percentage is his lowest as a Dolphin to this point, and the top possible throw of the night time came from Danny Amendola. With Tannehill’s return nowhere in review, Miami has to wonder if the playoffs are possible if Brocktober by no manner ends.
Three. Hopkins wondered this week, “Who’s Xavien Howard?” when requested for commentary on the Dolphins cornerback’s assertion that Hopkins “likes to push off lots.” The wideout realized who Howard used to be within the first half of when, with the rising nook draped for the duration of him, Hopkins used to be barely centered, recording stunning two catches on three targets.
However the receiver erupted within the 2nd half of. Hopkins’ most spectacular take of the sport, or dare I teach his profession — a one-handed remove that he corralled mid-air to his decrease glutes — used to be known as help thanks to a penalty. “That wasn’t accelerate interference there,” Hopkins urged NFL Network after the sport. “I’ll count that take. That is a be pleased my guide.”
After that 2nd, the All-Educated played admire a Nuk possessed. Hopkins caught Four balls for seventy Four yards within the fourth quarter, in conjunction with two touchdowns. Hopkins-Howard I wasn’t rather Beckham-Norman I fair about extracurriculars, but it absolutely used to be a aggressive bout for three quarters. Unruffled, Hopkins, spoil up resolution.
Four. On the sport day roster for stunning the 1/Three time this season, DeVante Parker made the case for more taking half in time. Formulation more taking half in time. Much less than a week after his agent criticized Adam Gase for mischaracterizing the receiver’s availability, Parker used to be activated with Albert Wilson and Kenny Stills injured and recorded six catches for a profession-high 134 yards. (forty six came on a Madden-glitch carom, but hiya, substances for being within the stunning role at the stunning time.) Regarded as trade bait sooner than Thursday night time, we will review if Miami chooses to swap him for items now that its receiver depth is shrimp.
5. While you had been a Texans defender, or now no longer it’s likely that you just had been injured on Thursday night time. Among the wounded: CB Johnathan Joseph (ankle), LB Zach Cunningham (knee), LB Peter Kalambayi (concussion) and DE Jadeveon Clowney, who used to be checked out by trainers dull within the sport. Fuller exited with a knee hurt, too. Accidents tanked Houston’s season in 2017. Confidently, Thursday night time’s setbacks will no longer be a signal of issues to come.
6. Dolphins defensive coordinator Matt Burke’s GIF-good tablet-atomize acknowledged all of it. Miami crumbled within the 2nd half of, allowing gigantic play after gigantic play mostly as a outcome of breakdowns within the secondary. On a couple of occasion, Bobby McCain and T.J. McDonald mistakenly traveled with the identical receiver, leaving huge open areas for Fuller and Hopkins. The Dolphins allowed over Four hundred yards for the 1/Three consecutive sport and for the fifth time in six video games.
Requested if he is pondering any personnel changes, Gase urged journalists, “I have not even notion about that. In my head, I’m saying that I don’t review that taking place. We want to accelerate help and determine what is occurring to where we’re giving up these wide quantities of yardage within the dart sport.”
7. Shh. Don’t repeat somebody but J.J. Watt leads the league with eight sacks and seems as dominant as ever. Factual ask the three Dolphins — Ja’Wuan James, Carve O’Leary, working help — requested to dam him on any given play. The identical might well possibly additionally very correctly be acknowledged for these Texans, who from the depths of zero-Three be pleased risen correct into a official contender within the AFC.
“You delivery up off zero-Three and open air the total world is falling, but interior we knew what we had,” Watt urged NFL Network. “And the facet is these guys, [including] myself, we’ve got been by adversity — injuries, stuff admire that. So we know what or now no longer it’s admire to be down and out, and we know the way to climb help out of it. We’re nowhere where we want to be, but 5 wins in a row feels fairly factual.”